This is one of my favorite summer time desserts to make. It’s not too heavy and it’s refreshing. It’s also super easy to make. I’m all about baking from scratch, but where I can make it a little easier on myself I do. So here I use a pre-made graham cracker pie crust because I find it’s just as good if not better, than one I’d make. But please feel free to make your own.
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- 1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust (or make your own)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Add cream cheese, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar to a bowl and mix until well combined. It should have a smooth consistency.
- Pour into the graham cracker pie crust.
- Cover the filling with blueberries. They will sink slightly but should still be half exposed.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes or until center only slightly jiggles.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before refrigerating for at least 3 hours.
Notes: Sometimes if I feel the cream cheese isn’t fully incorporated I will use my stick blender to get it creamy and smooth.
You can also turn these into bars by using a 9×9 square baking pan and pressing the graham cracker mixture into just the bottom of the pan and following the rest of the recipe. Bake at 325º for 35 minutes.